What is UbSub?
For example, one application, such as IFTTT or github, might publish an event notifying us that something happened. Once we receive that event, we will forward it to anyone who is listening for it, such as a home-automation device, an email, or build system.
In software architecture, publish–subscribe (PubSub) is a messaging pattern where senders of messages, called publishers, do not program the messages to be sent directly to specific receivers, called subscribers, but instead categorize published messages into classes without knowledge of which subscribers, if any, there may be. Similarly, subscribers express interest in one or more classes and only receive messages that are of interest, without knowledge of which publishers, if any, there are.
I like to think of UbSub as IFTTT for developers.
- Trigger a topic to send a payload to all the subscribers with HTTP
- Support low-level UDP protocol for IoT optimization
- Trigger events with emails
- Send emails when an event is triggered
- Filter events by checking payload prior to retransmission
- Trigger popups on your PC using ubsub-notify
- Store variables for future reference
- And more! :)
Read the documentation for more detail.
We're tracking all of our work on our trello board. Please vote for features you'd like! We'll take public popularity into account when deciding what to work on.
If you like it, please consider donating!
BTC Address: 1EbqQJuFfKTbVyugE8SsYmnzoj5gHMws38